Consolidated Fire District 2 of Northeast Johnson County Kansas strives to be widely recognized as an organization of respected professionals, committed to compassionate service with integrity and pride. Our hiring practices were created to support this vision.
When employment opportunities arise the Fire District will conduct a hiring process that creates an eligibility list. Advertisements for open positions will be sent to local community colleges, the KSFFA Website, and openings will be posted on the District’s website.
Firefighter Requirements & Qualifications
To become a firefighter for CFD2, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a current driver’s license
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have Firefighter I certification from the National Pro Board or the International Accreditation Congress
- Current EMT certification, Kansas EMT or Nationally Registered EMT Certifications accepted (must be current at time of application and first day of employment if hired).
- Firefighter Entrance Exam score of 75% or greater
- Current CPAT certification (current at time of application)
We are not currently accepting applications
Please check back for future opportunities
Helpful links for information on education and careers in the fire service: